You have invested a lot in developing your expertise. Come and join the GMS team.
International Account Manager
Are you an outgoing and open-minded person, creative as well as very organized and detail-oriented? Great. We are looking for an event planner who comes from a background of sales and/or service in the Meetings, Incentive, Conferences, and Events sector.
Global Management Services
We’re an event planning company with nationwide operations and are seeking an Account Manager for our Los Angeles office. The company is known for bridging creative expression and professional precision to elevate their client’s programs. The company is a highly-regarded DMC among many international companies, who make up majority of the company’s clients. The 20-year old company recognizes that its reputation for success in the industry is primarily rooted in its people, culture and identity.
Your job as an Account Manager:
- Research and produce proposals to include: creative writing, costing, analyses, and production using Microsoft Office applications and other proprietary software tools
- Create a proposal that accurately reflects the services requested [with alternative options] while meeting deadlines for timely response to clients. Ensure that proposals provide accurate pricing for all services requested
- Research/communicate with suppliers,obtain accurate quotes and establish mutually-beneficial working relationships
- Booking of tentative holds for hotels/venues/activities in accordance with approved proposals
- Coordinate itineraries, set up appointments for site inspections and participate therein as required
- Liaise with and confirm vendor and supplier services/products within the assigned timeframe, and generate contracts for confirmed services
- Research new venues, hotels, restaurants and other services in destinations served and provide an assessment thereof for possible future event
- Occasional travel to oversee program execution.
- A university degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in business, tourism or a related discipline;
- Exceptional research and writing skills;
- In-depth knowledge of operational details for executing successful and profitable programs
- Experience in the hospitality industry (hotel, travel or destination management companies), coupled with a keen sense of success factors in destination management;
- Established industry contacts a plus;
- Familiarity with major urban areas in the US and Canada a plus;
- Knowledge of a European language a plus.
Does this sound like you?
We are seeking candidates who excel in the following core values:
- Get along with co-workers and supervisors, be willing to help others, work overtime when required, and deliver quality service to fellow employees [TEAMWORK].
- Act in a self-starting way, make good independent decisions and take steps to complete work within limits [INITIATIVE].
- Generate new and innovative ways to improve the company’s services. Recognize essential elements of a problem and develop creative solutions [CREATIVITY].
- Respond quickly to changing circumstances, anticipate new developments where possible, and be receptive to new ideas and methods [FLEXIBILITY].
- Act in a forthright way, give and accept feedback constructively, and be willing to always do the 'right thing' [HONESTY AND INTEGRITY].
- Recognize and consider the client's expectations and needs, be willing to "do what it takes" to fulfill those expectations [CUSTOMER SATISFACTION].
- Must be at ease dealing with clients with different language and cultural backgrounds [CULTURAL AFFINITY].
If you are really interested in this position, please don’t just send us your resume alone. We would like to get to know you and understand why you’re the one for this particular job. Go ahead and send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include "Account Manager” in the subject line.